The objectives of Council are:
- To encourage the fellowship of Churches / Missions in Sierra Leone which confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the Scriptures and therefore seek to fulfil together their common calling to the glory of Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
- To foster and encourage the unity of the Church in Jesus Christ,
- To further the realization of the oneness of the churches of Christ throughout the world by establishing and maintaining links with ecumenical bodies such as the World Council of Churches, the All Africa Conference of Churches, the Evangelical Alliance, the Fellowship of Councils and Churches in West Africa (FECCIWA) and such other bodies as the Council may approve of from time to time.
- To uphold the principle that Churches must direct their energies to clearly presenting the claims of the Gospel to all persons as presented in the Bible.
- To uphold the dignity of mankind and to defend fundamental human rights against any infringement of such rights in accordance with the Constitution of Sierra Leone
- To collectively support the spiritual growth and maturity of its members,
- To help eradicate poverty, ignorance and disease in our land and to strive for the upliftment of the social, economic and political status of all,
- To provide for the needy and distressed.
- To provide a forum for churches to consult together concerning their Christian witness and service in Sierra Leone and where they are so led, speak and act together.